Proactiveinvestors is a leading multi-media news organisation, investor portal and events management business with offices in New York, Sydney, Toronto, Frankfurt and London.
Wednesday, 31 July 2013
Donner Metals extends mineralisation at McLeod Deep
Canadian mining junior Donner Metals (CVE:DON) has extended the sulphide mineralisation at the McLeod Deep zone of the Bracemac-McLeod zinc-copper mine in Quebec.
Two drill holes revealed the extension, intersecting “well-developed pipe alteration below the sulphide mineralization suggesting the hydrothermal system is robust in the area”, the company said in a statement.
Drilling at McLeod Deep continues with four drills, it added.
Exploration drilling is also in progress between the Bracemac and McLeod zones, with six widely-spaced holes completed to date targeting the Key Tuffite horizon.
Donner said it found anomalous base metal values to the east of the Bracemac-KT zone.
Drilling 7 kilometres north-west of the Matagami mill meanwhile returned the first discovery of semi-massive copper-rich sulphides within a 1.2 kilometre-wide zone of chlorite-silica-pyrite alteration.
Glencore Xstrata operates the mine and owns 65%, while Donner has the remaining 35%.
The deposit contains proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.7mln tonnes grading 9.6% zinc, 1.26% copper, 28.25 grams per tonne silver and 0.43 grams per tonne gold.