Proactiveinvestors is a leading multi-media news organisation, investor portal and events management business with offices in New York, Sydney, Toronto, Frankfurt and London.
Friday, 12 July 2013
Donner Metals reaches commercial production at Bracemac-McLeod
Donner Metals (CVE:DON) has reached commercial production at the Bracemac-McLeod zinc-copper mine in Quebec, it revealed in a production update.
Partner and operator Glencore Xstrata is processing ore at a rate of around 3,000 tonnes per day as planned since kicking off operations in May.
Ore grades to date however are below expectations due to the lower stope grades as a result of preliminary resource modelling from underground drilling and processing of lower-grade development ore from the stockpile.
The grade forecast for 2013 cuts the anticipated ore grade for 2013 to an average of 6.79% zinc, 1.11% copper, 32.98 grams per tonne silver and 0.3 grams per tonne gold.
Glencore Xstrata owns 65% of the mine, while Donner has the remaining 35%.
As operator, Glencore Xstrata is responsible for the execution of all development, production, processing, milling, smelting and refining activities related to the Bracemac-McLeod Mine, as well as the exploration programmes conducted on the Matagami Project.
The Matagami mill meanwhile is performing above expectations with higher-than-anticipated recoveries and concentrate grades for both zinc and copper.
“It remains too early to understand for what period of time these improved results can be expected,” Donner added in a statement.